Wednesday, May 11, 2005

The Grand Old Party: Screwing People since 1876*

I neglected to mention this before, but I went to my 20th high school reunion this past weekend. Yeah. So you know what that means. My old time chums get to see my bumper stickers reflecting my evolution from spaced out rock and roller to somewhat politically aware and concerned citizen.

One of my old pals, after parking next to my car at a restaurant, jokingly said that she wouldn't be able to park next to me anymore (referencing my bumper stickers).

Remarks like that, even when said in jest and general inoffensiveness, always make me think, even if just for a second, whether or not I'm aligned with the wrong group. Am I a traitor to my religion and families across the good ole US of A because I vote for the candidate and Party that generally supports abortion rights, doesn't want religious worship enforced in the school, blah blah.

Um, on second thought, no.

Remember that bankruptcy bill? Via Atrios, via Ezra Klein, via John Cole, this is a smidget of what majority Republicanism has wrought.

Thought you would like to know. Feel free to take this to your next reunion.


*The modern Republican Party was birthed around 1856 and offered us Abraham Lincoln and General Grant as candidates and presidents from 1860 to 1876. Abe and Grant get a pass in my book. Teddy R was a somewhat positive interlude around the turn of the century, but the Party ultimately gave him the boot for his heretical ways.

UPDATE: via John Cole again, that man of the people--Rush Limbaugh--tells pensioners to go eat cake.

UPDATE II: but, um, the gubmit will pick up the tab, since the pensions are guaranteed through the Pension Benefit Guarantee Corp, which will compensate to some degree United's 134,000 people. Doesn't the gubmit suck?

3 comments:

TRUTHBETOLD696969 said...

You post in a way that makes slugs and other invertebrates look like Nobel Prize winners. Your ineffective imitation of good posting style only serves to illuminate your lack of substance, good taste, and decency.

If brains were dynamite, you wouldn't have enough to blow the kneecap off a flea. You couldn't get a clue during clue mating season in a field of clues if you smeared your body in musk and did the clue mating dance. If you knew what you're talking about, you'd be dangerous. To quote Thomas Brackett Reed: "They never open their mouths without subtracting from the sum of human knowledge."

You have that certain nothing. Truly, you are about as interesting as watching a slug move slowly across a large rock. You are nastier than a five-dollar whore getting a shit enema. You're a waste of time, space, air, flesh, and the rectum you were born from, retard. Maybe you wouldn't read like such a pathetic loser if you weren't intellectually slower than a herd of turtles stampeding through a vat of chunky peanut butter; if your weren't so fat that your cereal bowl has its own lifeguard, or if you didn't have a face so ugly that your Psychiatrist makes you lie face down. No, come to think of it, you would.

In closing, why don't you put your glasses on backwards and walk into yourself

Bulworth said...

Thank you.

mondale/ferraro foreva! said...

A Message To Truthebetold696969 -

Your comment is the worst thing I've ever read. I love the term 69, but for the rest of my life I feel I can never use it again in good conscience. If I ever find out who you are, I'm going to kick the living shit out of you.

Long Live Bulworth!