Monday, October 31, 2005

Hittin' the Books

In addition to working on my dissertation proposal, I've been hitting Borders/Amazon far too much lately.

But I think there are some real soon-to-be-destined classics out there begging to be read. Last week I got Off Center by Paul Pierson and Jacob Hacker as well as The Rise of American Democracy by Sean Wilentz.

Yesterday, I picked up Doris Kearns Goodwin's Lincoln biography, Team of Rivals, as well as The Third Reich in Power by Richard Evans. This last book is apparently the second of a planned trilogy on the rise and fall of the Nazi's.

All four seem to be well written. Off Center is the shortest by far of the four and I am the furthest along in it. I hope to be done with it soon, and to have a book report of it up here shortly.

For now, happy reading.

No comments: