Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Bill Clinton: Mailing It In

Josh and Andrew seemed to like it. I thought the Big Dog was all over the place, issue-wise, pretty stiff rhetorically.

And while it was early enough so that most people probably missed it, please don't ever allow Senate Intelligence Committee Chair Rockefeller near a microphone at a Dem convention ever again. Ever.

I guess Biden finished strong, but his opening moments were just nothing much. Very bland stuff.

A lot of people liked Kerry's speech, too. And while the "candidate McCain--Senator McCain" line was pretty good, Kerry also managed to throw in something about what a threat Iran was being, so I don't know where this takes us except into Republican 100-year-wars land.

I think if Obama loses, and someone besides Hillary throws their hat in the ring for '12, they will probably lose their knee-caps. I'm not saying that in support or opposition to a future Hillary candidancy, I'm just saying. Something's missing at this gig, I don't know what. Genuine specifics, maybe? The biggest threat coming from a McCain presidency in my mind is obviously the courts, but I don't know that that point is being made or will be made. In the absence of that, we have our candidates basically agreeing with McCain and Rove that Iran is a Serious Threat That Must Be Delt With. Not sure what the change is we're supposed to be believing in.

Maybe Obama will woo me back tomorrow night. Here's hoping.

No comments: