Friday, July 15, 2005

When All Else Fails

Scott McClellan, White House spokesman, to reporters on Monday, after repeated refusals to discuss the "ongoing investigation" of Karl Rove.

Again, I'm going to be happy to talk about this at the appropriate time. Dana, you all -- you and everybody in this room, or most people in this room, I should say, know me very well and they know the type of person that I am. And I'm confident in our relationship that we have. But I will be glad to talk about this at the appropriate time, and that's once the investigation is complete. I'm not going to get into commenting based on reports or anything of that nature.

Randy "Duke" Cunningham, Republican member of Congress, on not seeking re-election.

"I fully recognize that I showed poor judgment when I sold my home in Del Mar to a friend [who took a $700,000 loss on the resale of my house but still allowed me to live for free on his yacht in DC] who did business with the government," he said. "I should have given more thought to how such transactions might look to those who don't know me like you do."

No comments: