Tuesday, October 06, 2009

November 2009

That's when my Washington Post subscription expires. I was already thinking of not renewing it. More offensive and irrational tripe like this will make that an easier decision to make.

Seriously, I have been a big newspaper reader for two decades, sometimes reading as many as three papers a day, though most often, two major dailies. Currently I get both the Washington Post and the New York Times delivered. But I'm getting burned out or fed up or both with all the shit in them. The Times is by far the better paper in my estimation. And sometimes the Post manages to put something informative in its main section. But all the political back and forth between the parties, the various partisan ideologues and spin-meisters each employs to provide "balance" is just getting aggravating.

The Will piece in particular just has no meaning whatsoever. It's just garbage. Why am I paying for this and allowing it to fill up my house for recycling?

No comments: